Friday, November 22, 2013

THE SITE

The site I was designing for was influenced from a place in Sweden. For showing the location of the house 3 in a broader contexts I had to show a bigger margin of the site. Therefore the site is very big in scale of 1:100 and it was challenging  to find a way to cut and put together. For start it was time consuming to draw a rock pattern then make it to the shape I wanted. However when I had the site ready I realized because of the size of the site the Sketch up plugins wouldn't work and freezes the program then I tried 123D make and even that program was struggling to slice it for stack up and the result was 163 sheets of the size of laser cutter 600 x 300mm and 190 pieces to be put together. It did take me 21 hours of cutting in room 2025 and 3.5 hours of assembly of it. But I can say that I am confident using the laser cutter and take advantage of its characteristics and settings to make it deliver a desirable result . Additionally I used recycled cardboard to make this site to be more environmentally conscious.


No comments:

Post a Comment